Global Diversity Staff Network (formerly BME Staff Network)
The Global Diversity Staff Network is a forum that is open to all staff from different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities, and for staff with an interest in promoting equality for those colleagues, to network and share personal experiences within this mutually supportive environment. It's aim is to:
- Raise awareness and provide a forum for discussion of culture, nationality and ethnicity issues, thereby promoting equality and diversity within Cardiff University;
- Provide a gateway of support and assistance to staff from different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities in the workplace;
- Liaise with and represent the views and concerns of staff from different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities to the University;
- Discuss and propose appropriate procedures and protocols promoting equality for staff from different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities within the University;
- Ensure that the University is informed of practices that are not in compliance with the University’s equality & diversity policy;
- Identify training and support needs for staff from different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities involved in promoting equality and diversity within Cardiff University and outside.
For information on the Global Diversity Staff Network Group (formerly BME Staff Network), please contact Catrin Morgan (E&D Manager) 029 2087 0230 MorganCA5@cf.ac.uk
ROOTS - SHOWCASE
On October 27th we have "Roots" a showcase for Black History Month, which will feature music, poetry, spoken word, food and comedy.
When: Saturday 27th October
Time: 6:30-10:30pm (doors open at 6pm)
Where: The Gate Arts and Community Centre, Keppoch Street (off City Road)
Description: Join Cardiff ACS for a chilled night of poetry, spoken word, food and live music in honour of Black History Month. ROOTS will feature the very best in talent in and around Cardiff, as well as providing the chance for members of the audience to give their own performance with the Open Mic at the end of the event. Come and have an enriching cultural experience, and sample some delicious, mouth-watering food!
Tickets: Members: £6 Non member: £8