Services for Apple Mac users - software and support
Cardiff University currently supports users of Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" and 10.7 "Lion".
- Connecting to the network
- Anti-virus software and security
- Accessing Cardiff University IT services
- Supported software
- News and service status information
Connecting to the network
How to register your computer with Information Services. Covers the basic configuration required to access the Internet using wired or wireless networks.
Anti-virus software and security
Information on installing the supported Anti-virus software, and its use, is available on the computer security and virus protection web pages.
Accessing Cardiff University IT services
Network file space
This can be accessed via 'My Files' in Cardiff Portal or the 'Home' and 'Shared' WebDAV services that can be mounted on your Mac's Desktop.
- 'My Files' - use the 'Files' tab in Cardiff Portal
- Your Home file space - Type " https://home.cf.ac.uk " into the Finder's Go - > Connect to Server...menu item
- Your Shared file space - Type " https://shared.cf.ac.uk " into the Finder's Go - > Connect to Server...menu item
Your Cardiff email can be accessed using a web browser or IMAP client.
Guidance and information on:
Supported Apple Mac OS X Software
Our portfolio of supported software, either locally installed or available from our network.
- Supported Apple Mac Software
- The Mac software service - afp://macsoft.cf.ac.uk (this link will only work on a Mac)
- SPSS for home Mac users can be downloaded via the Cardiff Authenticated Downloads site.