Cardiff is served by the M4 and is easily accessible from all parts of Britain.
- From the south west, take the M5 and from the south of England, follow major A roads to the M4.
- From Scotland, the north of England and the Midlands, travel via the M50 to the M4.
- Travelling east on the M4. Leave the motorway at Junction 32, follow the A470, signposted City Centre, into the Cathays area of the city.
- Travelling west on the M4. Leave the motorway at Junction 29, follow the A48(M)/A48, signposted Cardiff East and South, to the A470. Follow the A470, signposted City Centre, into the Cathays area of the city.
Get directions from a postcode to a Cardiff University destination of your choice:
The Cathays Park campus
Two Park and Ride services operate in Cardiff – one from East of the city (£2.50 per car) and one from the West of the city (£3.00 per person).
Car parking in the University car parks is extremely limited and a permit is required. However, there are several public car parks located close to the University, all of which are marked on the interactive map. There is also pay and display car parking available on Park Place and within the civic centre (along College Road, City Hall Road, King Edward VII Avenue and Museum Avenue). This typically costs around £3.50 for three hours. Payment is by coin or debit/credit card. Parking in the North Road car park is £5.00 per day. (Charges for city centre multi-storey car parks vary considerably, up to £12 per day.)
The Heath Park campus
Limited car parking is available in various car parks.
High speed inter-city trains provide frequent services between all major British cities. The Cardiff-London service, from London Paddington, runs at 30 minute intervals throughout the day.
Frequent services also connect Cardiff with Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, Manchester, Liverpool and with many other cities and towns.
Cardiff is also served by regular coach services from towns and cities across the UK. From Cardiff Central Station there is a frequent train service which stops at Cathays Station (located on the Cathays Park campus). Local bus services also operate from Cardiff Central Station.
The Cathays Park campus – The No 27 service leaves Hayes Bridge Road every 10 minutes throughout the day.
The Heath Park campus – The No 38 service leaves Stand C5. The Nos 8, 9 and 9a leave from Wood Street.
Visit the National Rail Journey Planner website for further information
- Get directions to the Main Building in one click from the below airports:
- Cardiff International Airport is 11 miles from the city centre.
- National Express (Enquiries Tel: 08705 808080) and various rail companies (Enquiries tel: 08457 484950) operate direct services to Cardiff Central Station from London's Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Visit the Traveline Cymru and National Express websites for further information.