Quality Progress Review (2006 - 2008)
The first round of QPR activity established the extent to which Schools were continuing to discharge effectively:
- their responsibilities for the quality of education provided to students
- their duties and responsibilities under the University’s various quality assurance procedures
- their responsibilities for the maintenance of the academic standards of the awards offered by the University.
The next round of QPR will focus upon enhancement, whilst building upon the elements from the previous process listed above. It will continue to act as a precursor to Periodic Review and Revalidation, but will also seek to provide assurances that School procedures are being used effectively to consider, promote, and implement the enhancement agenda of the University and School. The key enhancement themes will include:
- Accessibility Issues
- Equality & Diversity Issues
- Assessment Issues/ Assessment Strategy
- Peer Review of Learning & Teaching
- Student Support/ PDP/ Personal Tutoring
- Programme Information for Students
- Management Information
- Collaborative, Distributed & Flexible Learning
- Postgraduate Issues
This new approach is detailed in the Overview documents available from the resources section of this page, along with related proformas.
The process is facilitated by use of a set of standard proformas. These have been up-dated to reflect the enhancement approach and are available from the resources section of this page.
QPR Proforma: Information Available in Schools
The QPR Proforma is intended as an aid in identifying the information currently available in Schools.
Areas for Review
The Areas for Review document contains the broad lines of enquiry which will form the basis of the QPR and the structure of the subsequent report.