Dr Clyde Ancarno
Education and Qualifications
BA Languages, Literature and Foreign Civilisations (specialisation in Linguistics), University of Nantes (1999)
MA English Linguistics, University of Nantes (2000)
MPhil Applied Linguistics, University of Bordeaux (2002)
Postgraduate Diploma in Language and Communication Research, Cardiff University (2005)
PhD in Language and Communication, Cardiff University (2010)
French National Diploma for lecturers/ Qualification aux fonctions de Maître de Conférences in English and Anglo-Saxon languages and literatures (section 11) and Sciences of language: general linguistics and phonetics (section 7)
- 10-year experience in Linguistics and Language and Communication research
- Thorough knowledge and experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods used in the humanities and social sciences, including software-assisted methods
- Design and management of research projects, including knowledge exchange research projects
- Work in cross- and inter-disciplinary teams
- Varied lecturing and seminar teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level in Linguistics, Language and Communication-related subjects, Anthropology/Ethnography, English for Academic Purposes, ESOL and French as a Foreign language.
- Universities I have taught at include Cardiff University, the University of Bristol, the University of the West of England and the Institute of Political Sciences in Toulouse (France).
- Experience of convening university modules.