Share Your Story
Starts: 18 June 2012
Monday 18 June 2012
Activities running 12 noon – 4pm
Location: Oakdale, at National History Museum: St Fagans
Free event, open to all
Share your Story is a fun, interactive event showcasing how the School of History, Archaeology & Religion (SHARE) at Cardiff University might offer support for community heritage projects.
The day will begin with the launch of a community exhibition produced by schoolchildren and community members from Caerau/Ely who have been working with SHARE to discover more about the magnificent and little known Caerau Iron Age Hillfort.
This will be followed by an afternoon of fun interactive activities illustrating what SHARE does and how we might help you discover and share your community heritage.
- Postcards from the Iron Age – art/archaeology workshop with artist Paul Evans
- The Romans in Wales – interactive workshop with Roman artefacts
- Writing medieval manuscripts – use quill and ink to write your own medieval document
- Islamic Gardens – workshop on the heritage of sustainable community gardens
- South Wales in 19th Century - interactive workshop with artefacts, photos, maps and documents
- Story and Community Workshop – delivered by the school of Welsh
activities delivered by Cardiff School of History, Archaeology and Religion students and staff
Children at Caerau
Location/directions: The Oakdale Institute, St Fagans: National History Museum [CF5 6XB]
For directions, see www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans/
Booking: No need to book, join us on the day.
Phone: 029 2087 6169
Open To: Public