Research Mission Statement
Cardiff School of Social Sciences was rated first in the UK on the ‘Research Power’ measure in the last RAE in 2008. Almost all of its research was judged to be of an international standard, with over half either “world leading” or “internationally excellent”. This rating, together with the size of the School, places it amongst the top five centres in the UK. Through its research activities the School aims to sustain and build upon this position as one of the UK’s leading centres for innovative and publicly engaged Social Science.
We will achieve this by:
- Engaging in research that generates new concepts and theories for inter-disciplinary social science;
- Innovating in method and methodology;
- Conducting research that influences and impacts upon policy and practice in Wales, the UK and internationally;
- Securing funding from a variety of sources, including RCUK, central and local government, Europe, charitable organisations and businesses.
- Acting on the world stage through collaborations with major international universities and agencies;
- Investing in the next generation of research scholars to nurture future research leaders for the Social Sciences.